CF Evans creates communities. We create them physically; building homes where people can live and grow. We create them with others; treating everyone like they are part of our family. We believe in giving back to the communities we build in and helping them grow. Our Charitable Giving Committee helps to focus our efforts by ensuring all giving is centered around the idea of creating communities.
CF Evans is proud to once again sponsor the build of a house by Edisto Habitat for Humanity in Orangeburg, SC. Our employees are committing two mid week volunteer days to help out in addition to weekend builds. We look forward to attending the dedication and meeting the wonderful family who will be moving in!
So far this year, the Giving Committee has also decided to support:
- Make a Wish Foundation
- Center for Women
- Carolina Youth Development Center – When kids arrive at the Carolina Youth Development Center, they often have nothing more than the clothes on their back. The staff greet the children warmly, provide them with a place to sleep and necessities like warm bedding, clothing for school, toiletries and even a few things to bring comfort, like a teddy bear. These necessities are often provided through in-kind community donations and are stored in a cottage on the campus. It is often one of the first places a child sees when they arrive on campus and it needs repairs. Our donation is going specifically to help with these repairs. If you are interested in helping us raise the funds needed to finish the repairs please click here. Be sure to note your designation in the comment box under “recurring gift” so it goes towards the renovation.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Charleston 1st Annual Plane Pull
- Charleston Chamber of Commerce Build-a-Shed
In the spring of 2017 the committee decided to support the build of a house by Edisto Habitat for Humanity in Orangeburg, SC. We provided volunteers, raised money for the build, and donated building materials. CF Evans is thrilled to support an organization that is enhancing the lives of families right here in our backyard.
In the fall of 2017, the Charitable Giving Committee chose to support Team Rubicon, a disaster response veterans service organization. Team Rubicon unites the skills and experiences of military veterans with first responders to rapidly deploy emergency response teams. We were drawn to Team Rubicon because of their commitment to rebuilding communities after disasters and to supporting veterans as they transition from military to civilian life.
We also supported, among others, the following organizations:
- Make a Wish Foundation
- Healing Species
- Regional Medical Center Pink Ribbon Luncheon
- Lowcountry Autism Foundation
- Going Places, Inc
If you are an organization interested in corporate support please send your request to email@example.com. Your request will be reviewed by our committee, however please understand that we believe our impact is strongest by focusing our volunteer efforts on those organizations that allow us to achieve our purpose of creating communities.